Saint Angela Merici founded the Ursuline Sisters in Brescia, Italy, in 1535, and had a deep and abiding love relationship with God. The Ursuline Sisters of Louisville believe that Angela would be pleased to have this sacred space dedicated in her name for the purpose of prayer, solitude and silence. This hermitage is the perfect place to go for silence and prayer that is not far from home.
The self-contained apartment (living room, kitchen, bath, bedroom) is attached to the rear of the Ursuline Motherhouse and has its own entrance. You will find a CD player, relaxing CDs, art materials and several books in this simple city hermitage.
The spacious grounds of the Ursuline Campus are available for a place to walk, reflect and appreciate nature. We ask that you visit with a desire for retreat and prayer, and that the space is treated with reverence and respect. Angela’s Room is a non-smoking space which includes no candles or open flames. Reservations are accepted on a first come/first served basis. If you wish to come spend a day, overnight, or a few days, please contact Janet Sauer at (502) 544-8993 or [email protected] for more information and reservations..
• The apartment is equipped with a coffee pot, small refrigerator and a microwave. There are many restaurants nearby for your dining preferences.
• Individual spiritual direction is available for a fee.
• Free-will offering accepted for your stay at Angela’s Room.
• Enjoy your stay, come again soon and spread the word.
To view or print the brochure for Angela's Room click here
If you wish to come to spend a day, an overnight, a few days or longer, contact Janet Sauer at
(502) 544-8993 for information and reservations.