How will you affect the causes, organizations and people that shaped you during your lifetime?
As You Plan Ahead, Don’t Leave the Sisters behind.
A Legacy of Love-The Helen Mazzoli Fund
In the Spring of 2018, the Honorable Romano (Ron) L. Mazzoli established a memorial fund to honor his wife Helen and to support the ministries, needs and services of the Ursuline Sisters of Louisville. With donations from friends, family, classmates and constituents, it is Ron’s hope that this fund, with oversight from the Ursuline Sisters, will be sustainable well into the future. Both Ron and Helen dedicated their lives to their faith, family, friends, volunteer activities, community involvement and public service.
Donations should be made payable to the Ursuline Sisters of Louisville and designated to the Helen Dillon Mazzoli Memorial Fund.
Read More Stories of Planned Giving
Reasons for a Planned Gift
There are many reasons and ways to make a planned gift:
- You want to support the Ursuline Sisters during and/or after your lifetime
- You want to make a charitable gift while ensuring your family or heirs are taken care of first
- You want to control and designate your charitable decisions to avoid legal and/or family disputes
- You want to direct your charitable decisions to organizations that have made a difference in your life
- You want the flexibility if circumstances change
- You want tax benefits
You are Ursuline Inspired and want to include the Ursulines in your Planned Gift because…
- You were taught by an Ursuline Sister in grade school, high school or college
- Your child, grandchild, great-grandchild or relative was taught by an Ursuline Sister
- You are a relative of an Ursuline Sister
- You or a family member has been helped, mentored, advised or assisted by an Ursuline Sister
- You have been Inspired by the Ursuline Sisters’ involvement in healthcare, pastoral work, social services, social justice causes, spiritual retreats and/or volunteer activities
Areas of Need to consider when you make your Planned Gift:
- Greatest Need (Unrestricted)
- Chapel Preservation Fund
- Ministry Fund
- Angela Merici Center for Spirituality
A few ways to Give Back to the Ursuline Sisters of Louisville with a Planned Gift:
- Bequests (Will Inclusion)
- Charitable Remainder Trust
- Charitable Lead Trust
- Individual Retirement Account (IRA)
- Required Minimum Distribution (RMD)
- Life Insurance Policy
*The Ursuline Sisters reserve the right to decline a gift of real estate.
Making a deferred or planned gift to the Ursuline Sisters of Louisville can be a tax-smart way to support the Sisters’ mission and ministries. A gift commitment comes in many ways: A will or trust, a beneficiary designation for qualified retirement plans such as your 401(k) or IRA, life insurance, stock. These options offer ways to assist the Ursuline Sisters while lessening the tax burden on your estate and on your heirs.
“It is very probable that the day your will is probated both you and I will be rejoicing together in our heavenly home. Alleluia!”
— Sr. Angelice Seibert (Ursuline Academy/Louisville ’39; Ursuline College Louisville ’47; President of Ursuline College 1965-1968; President of the Ursuline Sisters 1980-1988)
Need a professional Estate Planner to get you started with your Planned Giving?
Contact your attorney, bank, tax accountant, financial planner or wealth manager to discuss your plans and understand your options.
Director of Mission Advancement and Planned Giving
Ursuline Sisters of Louisville
Corporate Name of Ursuline Sisters: Ursuline Society and Academy of Education
Address: 3105 Lexington Road, Louisville, KY 40206