The Ursuline Sisters of Louisville are keeping everyone in prayer during this time of urgency in dealing with the Coronavirus.
Out of concern for the health and safety of the staff who work on our campus and due to the serious and escalating nature of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, we are taking the following steps to protect our Sisters, staff and those who would visit. These steps are also being taken to help curb the spread of the virus as recommended by the CDC.
Given the rapidly evolving health risks associated with COVID-19, public access to the Motherhouse has been suspended to all areas, including the social room, various meeting rooms and library.
- Angela Merici Center for Spirituality programming is suspended at this time.
- All Associate gatherings are canceled.
- No Masses will be held in the Motherhouse chapel.
- All spiritual direction in the Motherhouse is cancelled.
These restrictions are effective beginning March 18, 2020, and will remain in place until further notice.
There are no current cases of COVID-19 within the Ursuline Sisters of Louisville. The decision to limit access to the buildings was made out of an abundance of caution, especially among our vulnerable population.
For information on COVID-19, please see the CDC guidelines: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
Because this situation is changing rapidly, these steps may evolve and change. Please check back for the most current information.
For information regarding Nazareth Home-Clifton and TwinBrook Assisted Living, please contact these facilities.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- If you cough or sneeze, do it into your sleeve or use a tissue. Dispose of the tissue immediately into a closed rubbish bin, and then clean your hands.
- Clean surfaces regularly with disinfectant. For example, always clean kitchen benches and work desks.
- Practice social distancing, maintaining a distance of 6 feet from each other. Avoid large gatherings of people.